Community is a vital part of Louisiana Tech Honors. The Honors Student Advisory Board facilitates community building by planning events, hosting meetings, and advocating for honors students with SGA, the Honors Office, and University Administration. Honors students benefit from this community in a variety of ways including:
- Access to Honors cultural, social, and academic activities
- Recognition of Honors achievement on transcripts, at special ceremonies, and at commencement ceremonies
- Smaller than average class size with the best and most innovative faculty members
- Advanced or priority registration
- Designated honors residential accommodations
- Priority consideration in university programs
In addition to providing community, Louisiana Tech Honors contributes to the broader university and Ruston communities through active participation and leadership in the classroom, on campus, and in civic life allowing students to develop a thorough sense of self situated in the broader context of society.